Below you will find links to expert articles and websites with helpful tools to learn more about nonprofit leadership.*
- Building Leadership Capacity: Reframing the Succession Challenge. PDF article on the reasons why nonprofits should be intentional about developing internal talent to help reduce the sectors’ “ever-growing leadership deficit.” Bridgestar, an initiative of The Bridgespan Group.
- Center for Nonprofit Management, Nashville, TN – Links to multiple resources to support effective nonprofits.
- Foundation Center – Links to useful websites serving the nonprofit sector.
- National Management & Board Resources. Links to additional resources for understanding best practices in nonprofit management and board governance. Hartford Foundation, Nonprofit Support Program.
- Nonprofit Leadership Development: What’s Your “Plan A” for Growing Future Leaders? Helpful steps to growing the next generation of nonprofit leaders in your organization. The Bridgespan Group, Kirk Kramer & Preeta Nayak.
- The Standards for Excellence Code – National standards of excellence for nonprofit organizations. An ethics and accountability code for the nonprofit sector. Standards for Excellence Institute, Baltimore, MD.
*The Foundation is not responsible for content on external links.